2023 Winter Friday Indoor League
This Indoor Winter League is back and structured a little differently for 2023! There are a lot of details on this page, so please make sure you read carefully.
For those that saw the survey I sent out, Wall2Wall in Mason raised their prices significantly and most people voted that they'd be okay with a different location and different format in order to not have to pay an additional ~$50 per person.
For 2023, this league will be 7 weeks long from 8-10pm, January 20 to March 3, playing at Rivers Edge on two walled, indoor soccer fields, sized at 180x80 feet. Because of these smaller fields, we will play 5v5 and play a ratio of 3:2.
Captains will draft players into 4 teams (potentially more depending on registration numbers for women-matching players). Please plan to wear a jersey that matches your team's color as well as a white jersey (no greys or multicolor, please!). Players need to be at least 18 by January 1, 2023. The cost is $100 for 7 weeks.
League Rules 2023
This league will utilize the most up-to-date rulebook with the following modifications:
- 4 teams & two rounds
- First game: 8-8:55 pm
- Second game: 9:00-9:55 pm
- 5v5, with the ratio being 3:2, men-matching to women-matching.
- Stall to 7 (starting at 1, stall would then be the "S" in seven)
- No time outs
- No halftime
- All indoor structures (nets, walls, poles, etc) are considered out of bounds. If a disc hits these structures, it is “out” and is to be set into play at the location on the playing field proper closest to where the contact occurred.
- No pulls - when a point is scored, the formerly defending team will start the next point on the endzone line near where the disc was scored.
- The point doesn't start until both teams have a chance to sub (subbing should be completed rather quickly, say 20 seconds; teams can agree to modify depending on attendance for a given night).
- When the time expires, finish the point (see Universe Point Rules for if the game is tied at the end of the point).
- Universe Point rules: If the point that is played out after time expires results in a tied game, play one more point (Double Game Point). Please make line changes, in-game calls, etc quickly during this point. If the point does not conclude prior to the start of the next game or the end of the time slot, The League Directors reserve the right to call a tie if too much time has passed.
Please note that the above bullet points are the current plan. Knowing this is a different format, we ask that all participants stay patient and understand that we might need to make changes to the league or its structure.
- Once you select REGISTER, you have 15 minutes to fill out the registration. It will hold your spot while you fill out the fields, so please make sure you do this! It is helpful for the captains to be able to see details about players as they are making decisions on who to draft.
- We will plan to allow more man-matching players to register than there are roster spots for MMPs, and it’s possible that not everyone will be drafted. League captains and DoO will moderate the draft process and we will communicate this as soon as the draft is completed.
- Please know that registering for this league (particularly as a man-matching player) does not guarantee that you have a spot in this league.
- Subs are allowed to participate if a team has less than 4 women-matching players or 6 men-matching players.
- All subs must be vetted through Liz Anderson, CUPA's Director of Operation, to verify the appropriate skill level and vaccine status.
- Due to the higher price of the field rental, subs will be asked to pay $10 per night.
COVID-19 Safety/Vaccine Requirements:
- This is a COVID-19 vaccination required league and both shots (with two weeks past for them to be fully effective) are required (excluding Johnson & Johnson) to participate.
- Boosters are not required but are highly recommended.
- We WILL be checking proof of this on the first night of league, or if you aren’t able to make it, whenever your first game is. We will accept your vaccine card or a photo that clearly and legibly shows the details of the card.
- If you do not bring proof of the vaccine, we will not allow you to play until we are able to verify your vaccine status.
- No further personal information will be collected related to vaccination status. Once all participants have been verified, this data will not be retained beyond the time of the league.
- Masks are recommended in the building as we use the main lobby to put on cleats and hang out until the field is cleared.
- PLEASE DO NOT COME if you are sick or not feeling well, especially if you are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19. Being that we are playing in an indoor league, please play it safe rather than risk spreading any sicknesses.
- If you suspect you may have COVID-19 or have had exposure, please follow these guidelines for how to proceed.
CUPA Indoor League Policies (these are subject to change as the COVID-19 situation is ever-evolving):
For all upcoming indoor CUPA activities, players will be required to be vaccinated to participate. Players will also need to provide proof of vaccination status. This decision was approved by the Board of Directors at the October 2021 Board Meeting, following discussion and review of survey results from past winter league participants. The goal is to provide the safest environment possible for participants while still continuing forward with the league.
This is the league status, you may check your status here.
- Dec 22 2022 at 06:00 PM to Jan 13 2023 at 11:59 PM
All players must have a waiver/release on file with Cincinnati Ultimate from a previous 2023 league.