Chris Hoy Memorial Scholarship
Name and Amount of Scholarship:
The Chris Hoy Memorial Scholarship in the amount of $500 to be awarded to two graduating senior high school students annually.
Purpose and Intended Recipient:
To provide financial support to two graduating high school seniors who intend to pursue further study and education at an institution of higher learning (college, community college, trade school, university, etc.).
Initial funding through donations to the scholarship fund in memory of Chris Hoy. Continued funding through interest income, donations, and family support. Additionally, the Cincinnati Ultimate Players Association will assist in providing funding.
Publicity for the scholarship will be pursued through Cincinnati Ultimate. The fund is managed by Cincinnati Ultimate.
Continuation of Scholarship:
Scholarship funding will be monitored on an ongoing basis; an annuity will be established. If the scholarship is ever discontinued, notification will be made to Cincinnati Ultimate prior to March 1.
Selection of the scholarship recipient is solely at the discretion of the Chris Hoy Memorial Fund selection committee.
Up to 100 points will be awarded as follows:
- Up to 50 points: Essay explaining personal and professional goals, in addition to beliefs regarding ultimate and how it will factor into applicant’s future.
- Up to 20 points: Review of high school transcript, including courses completed or in progress; grade point average; review of work, volunteer, or related service in the high
- school or community which shows promise for continued education and support of/participation in the ultimate community.
- Up to 20 points: Expression of Spirit of the Game format flexible: within Essay or alternate format.
- Up to 10 points: Recommendation Letter from non-family adult who has known you for at least 9 months.
The scholarship recipient will be notified at the discretion of the Chris Hoy Memorial Fund selection committee; whenever possible, this will be done at the end of season YUC tournament, which is on May 14, 2022.
Upload completed application to the Cincinnati Ultimate website OR email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Any application parts may also be mailed to:
The Chris Hoy Memorial Fund
c/o Mark Yandrick
650 Stonington Circle
Centerville, OH 45458
Deadline for application: Uploaded or postmarked by May 4, 2022.